May 03, 2011

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar quotes

The extra pass and the extra effort on defense always get the job done.

Basketball is an endurance sport, and you have to learn to control your breath; that's the essence of yoga, too. So, I consciously began using yoga techniques in my practice and playing. I think yoga helped reduce the number and severity of injuries I suffered. As preventative medicine, it's unequaled.

As brilliant an individual that Michael Jordan was, he was not successful until he got with a good team unit.

My most memorable moment came in 1985 as we beat the Boston Celtics.

In athletics there's always been a willingness to cheat if it looks like you're not cheating. I think that's just a quirk of human nature.

(This picture is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license. - copyright Steve lipofsky www.Basketballphoto.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment